Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Audrey's First Thanksgiving

We had all the family come to town so we decided to stay over at Charles's sisters new house to be closer to the action. It was fun because sometimes it sure feels like we are over here on our lonesome side of town. she had more than enough space, other than the fact that she has no beds...so we stacked up all the blankets and sleeping bags we could find and camped it out ok.

I was so excited when I woke up the day before Thanksgiving and it was a beautiful overcast. Nothing kicks off a winter feeling more than that. I spent a nice relaxing day doing all that I needed and could do ahead of time. It was perfect. I prepared most of the sides and a delicious caramel apple pie. My brother in law gave me the verbal vote of best pie for the year. I was excited seeing as the last three pies I made were a disaster.

Day of we spent a leisurely morning strumming through the ads coveting all the things we can't afford to buy. Pretty sure there is a reason for that commandment which says do not covet. And then we had a lot of things already done so there was no rushing or confusion in the kitchen. We were still an hour and a half late to eat because the turkey was still a little frozen when put into the freezer and 15 pounds of potatoes takes a a surprisingly long time to boil. But in the end it was a fabulous meal and it all tasted so great.

Audrey just loved being around her fun cousins all these days. She had a new house to explore and lots of other people to entertain her. she slept really well there even when we had the big tv blaring all it's glory. Thank goodness for gray noise of the fan! Hope you all had a plentiful and enjoyable holiday.

I LOVE this time of year.

I have some work posts coming and you will soon be seeing the Christmas maddness photos go up. stay tooned!




3 comments:

Amanda said...

It was SO great to see you guys Becky! I always have such a great time hanging out with you. . . I feel like we both get each other. :) We love you guys and hopefully will get to see you again soon! Come visit us! :)

Wagasky Family said...

Hi Becky! Our email address is wagasky@cox.net. Also I still wanted a couple pens with Makenze's pic on them. I will email you back our address.
Thanks.
Andrea

Unknown said...

If it wasn't for you I wouldn't get to see any pictures of the Graf cousins, that picture of Camille is the only one I've seen since she was born.