Hey yall. Thanks for your loving remarks. Hopefully we will be able to tell what it is at my appointment Thursday.
So, I don't know if any of the rest of you have high maintenance "go to sleepers" like I do. But my kids basically require, reading time, singing time, and cuddle time. I actually don't mind this schedule seeing as I have accepted the whole hermit lifestyle.... :)
So I thought I would ask everyone's opinions. If you have some, we are always looking for more diversity. So I would like everyone's input on their
1) Top 5 favorite kids books.
2) Top 5 favorite songs to sing to your kids (preferably not a typical nursery song or primary song, we have a wrap on all those)
Here are mine in case you were wondering.
No Matter What by Debi Gliori
Heaven is Having You by Giles Andreae
Parts and More Parts by Tedd Arnold
Alice the Fairy by David Shannon
I Know a Rhino by Charles Fuge
We also really really like all the 'How does a Dinosaur' books. and I love you stinky Face
2) Favorite songs to sing.
- Edelweiss from Sound of Music
- Come to My Garden from the original broadway musical of Secret Garden
- Round Shouldered Man from Secret Garden (FYI almost all the music from this play is AMAZING)
- Stay Awake from Mary Poppins
- Castle in a Cloud from Les Miserables
- And occasionally Wishing you were Somehow Here Again from Phantom (although I am sure I never sing the verses in the right order)!
So read a new book and sing your kids a new song!
Christina's Rustic table and bench
3 years ago