Monday, August 30, 2010

California

So.... Some of you may know to the great extent that my parents lives are now changing. And since it already happened I can tell you all. My dad got called to be the bishop of the Spanish Ward of the Central Stake. This basically is like them going on another mission....except for five years or longer! Both of them move their records into the Spanish Ward and fully throw themselves into live among a different culture. So it should be interesting.

So my dad and I hurried down for one last beach trip for him and a much needed trip to see one of my best friends Deveney in Ramona (just north east of San Diego) and her new house. We had similar stories as far as buying time and purchase. I had been trying all summer to get down there to see her and take Audrey to the beach.

This was also Ethan's first trip to the beach.

It didn't exactly start out so well. Look at that sad little face.


Of course we chose about the hottest week of the summer to head down there! And this day was no different. Audrey wouldn't touch the sand, and Ethan even cried when I put him on the blanket that was on top of the hot sand! So

So there was a mad little rush for 4 minutes to get them out of cover up clothes, sunblocked, and trying to take pictures of it all seeing as it was Ethan's first time, and then rush down to the water so their little feet didn't burn! WHEW!


So we ate some sand.

Dug up some sand

Did a little sunbathing


"Swallowed da waves" as Audrey says it. Ethan actually decided to test out underwater diving. He is a brave sole at heart (all was fine just some big coughs and stinging eyes I am sure)



And all in all enjoyed the experience! Until it was time to leave and wash off or wipe sand from some sensitive places! I think I actually like the beach in THEORY! :)







We took the kids to the Science Museum at Balboa Park they had this huge 'Jenga' room with literally thousands of these little wood tiles to build anything to your hearts content. So fun.


They also had a room specifically dedicated to toddlers and kids that age. So we mostly hung out there and got to play with giant legos and giant magnet board with giant letters, and a huge ball maze and mini grocery shopping place. So fun.




Audrey got to go on the merry-go-round which she loved! I wanted to make sure to take her and have fun because I am sure I will have to go to therapy for all the times I remember NOT getting to do fun things like that!



Deveney's husband had just gone deep sea fishing where he caught a large Cod. So they treated us to the most awesome seviche ever! It was so good.


The girls (Paisley is Deveney's almost 2 yr old) didn't really mesh super well together. HEHE.. So I think both mom's were a little tired of the words, "we need to share" and "be soft" by the end of three days! But they did have some cute moments and it was fun all the same.


2 comments:

Tara H said...

Wow! Congrats to your parents- please tell them for me : )
Fun trip! Best thing for getting sand off is baby powder. You sprinkle a bunch on and the sand wipes off so nice for those "delicate areas"- it absorbs the wet! My girls are always like "did you bring the powder???"

Amanda said...

Looks like a great trip. That's great about your parents. Mine did a 3 year Spanish branch mission and loved it! Your dad will be a great bishop!