Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dawning of a new age- PLEASE HELP

I am sad to report that it looks as though my ever so trusted beast of a cell phone (palm treo) has finally kicked it to the curb!!!

So, the ever so tough decision about stay with AT&T or switch to Verizon?

And then trying to decide which phone to get? I abhor the idea of paying an EXTRA$30 a month to get internet on my phone. I refuse to conform to that trend. So am I understanding that the conspiracy of most companies now is that you MUST purchase this if you want a smart phone? That is the most lame rip off scandal EVER!

Can you do all the cool stuff like aps and the such with any phone? Do you have to have the internet to do those? I am so out of it. And what is the new hype about Android? and isn't there a phone called the Droid? Did they do that on purpose to confuse us? What the heck!


I am used to being able to do all normal phone functions as well as:
>extensive calendaring and LIST keeping.
>Syncing my device to ONE place on computer (that is why I like Windows Mobile)
>Play music and MP3
>Pictures
> Storing things on external memory and remove and use wherever I want

I think it would be cool to be able to
> Watch things? I know you can pay for tv subscriptions. Is there a way around that? An app? Do I need the internet for it
> Better camera
> Record video

Someone take a second to enlighten me.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Uh I still have the flip phone, so sorry I am of no help. I looked at the droid and it seemed pretty cool, but you do have to have internet on your plan to get a smart phone (hence my cheap-o phone) Good luck! Sprint offeres the whole package (texting, internet, etc.) for $60/month I think. Might be worth looking into?