Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cousins Camp

We had our first annual Austin cousins camp. Audrey had been excited about it for a month. Ever since we were at the cabin at the end of June and I told her we would be coming back soon for cousins camp. Couple of nights she cried because she wanted to go there. HAHA.

I actually the think the whole experience went alarmingly well for 6 little ones under the age of 5 and all the adults and grandparents responsible for keeping them in line. The only major catastrophe was of course when we wanted to go take THE family picture up in the field of flowers. Guess who's kid CRIED and wouldn't cooperate. Yep that would be mine. So remember all those months ago when everyone said, "Oh your little Audrey is so perfect at taking pictures, She sure knows how to perform, she is never going to give you trouble." Yeah well you jinxed me. The perfect picture moment and this is the best we could come up with


And maybe one of the only shots I got where she would stay with the other girls! URG! AUDREY! Just SMILE and BE HAPPY!
Funny how they just don't listen eh?





My boys!

This picture is a result of the next one. But it embodies perfectly this laugh that my mom has that each of her children know well and adore



Truly letting it loose



Nathan and his "smokin hot wife" as we like to call her. I love this pic of them!


Every father should have a picture like this with his daughters!



This is totally a face I would hang very largely on my wall! haha love it


She was so distraught over whatever it was

And then totally pooped out by the end of it all!




Home made ice cream. So fun and so easy. But cold!

And enjoying our labors!



Cool Uncle Charles reading stories
Bed time stories

Grandsma's pretty girls ( and one stinking cute boy) all ready for church


Personally I can't get enough of this pout/smirk
Cute one though
Ethan wasn't so sure of the big bouquet

So we minimalized


Big girl of the pack. She was super helpful and had a cute moment when they were all eating breakfast and I walked in, and she was trying to get all the kids attention and full on giving them a little home eveing lesson about Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost. SO CUTE!
Having a little trouble with my flash


Finger action games, songs, and stories

My personal favorite pastime at the cabin. Sitting on the deck couches, all wrapped up drinking hot cocoa and watching it pour! Nature delivered for me and I was thankful. Is there anything else closer to perfection?

I ran inside so fast to get my camera and ordered dad out of his chair immediately to get this shot. I have one almost identical to it of Audrey first discovering the rain. So cute.

Some liked to sit back a little and be safer


Planting the first official cousin camp tree




And then of course we had to cater to all these little girls princessessness in them. How many mom's does it take to paint 40 fingers and 40 toes?
Maybe not as many as you think? :)


Ring around the Rosie

A little manly game


Some safe finger painting. I swear someone should kiss the person that thought of color wonder!!!

Audrey said her favorite part of the whole thing was going on a walk with "Papa" to see the water and throw rocks!








1 comment:

Theresa said...

Can I just say I LOVE cousin camp! :) all the girls are so big and so cute and I love nathan's blue leopard?! pj pants and grandpa painting toenails awesome! and and and,.. ahhh. miss you guys. :)