Tuesday, August 17, 2010

OMGoodness

So you know that little email how I said P90X was not that big a deal!!!!

That just goes to show you how long it has been since I worked out seriously. Why in the world would I think that an arm workout was going to really really get my heart rate up? That almost never happens when you are just lifting.

It literally took me 2 hours to warm up enough to feel like I could move this morning. Everything north of my hips hurt this morning. THEN>>> I was crazy enough to choose plyometrics (ie jump training) as my second day workout. It was just about the longest hour of my life. I kept thinking, I can't do this a whole hour! I don't have the power! But I only took one break longer than they did and the rest I got through! I didn't keep up with them by any means, but I got my heart rate up higher than it has been a long time!

AWESOME! Just thought you should know.

Audrey kept asking me why I was breathing hard! hehe. Then after when I was stretching out, she came to climb on my back for a 'horsey ride' and stopped dead in her climb when she put her hand on my back and exclaimed, "mommy you soakin wet!"

HAHA love it!~

3 comments:

TheLipp said...

first month is hell...then you start to crave the workouts

Emily said...

ha ha. We attempted to do the whole P90X program and I'll agree- the workouts are no joke! Hope you have better determination than I do to stick with it! I decided to count walking to the park as a workout. Pathetic, I know, and it won't give me the rockin' body that P90X would, so keep it up! Maybe you'll even get me inspired. :)

Blissful & Domestic said...

you should try Zumba it will kick your butt. Holly and I have been doing it. It is so much fun