Thursday, August 27, 2009

Us just chillin


Nothing super exciting happening around here. Just praying for the heat to end soon. So thought I would entertain you all with some funny Audrey stories over the last little while and updates. Funny stories first.

Yesterday Audrey was naked in a diaper most of the morning and at one point reached behind her back and slid her hand into her diaper. Then out came the hand pretty much covered in poop. EW!!! So gross.


Today I walked into the dining room because I was headed in there to do some sewing. And there sat Audrey perched almost on top of the piano. She had climbed up onto the level above the keys and was standing there kind of holding on looking at the family tree mom has sitting there. HAHA. It was so funny to look over and see this little girl that is not really big enough that you notice her right away, but definitely out of place on the furniture. She looked a little sheepish and thankfully didn’t try to get down herself. I think I got there pretty soon after she had gotten herself up there so I don’t know if she would have tried to climb back down or what. I guess it is pretty straightforward steps kind of. But it could have been bad if she had fallen.

I sometimes let Audrey play in her crib for a while after she wakes up....ok every day pretty much. It is her her time. Well yesterday she was playing and then I heard her crying. I thought for sure she had finally learned how to climb out of her crib and fallen or something awful. NO no, she had been twirling and dancing in her bed and had just fallen over and bonked her head on the side of the crib. She had thrown everything out onto the floor to make room for her escapades and was having a grand ol' time. I even left her in there while I searched for the camera to video it and she kept on dancing. Not only was she dancing and twirling, she was singing to herself. And it was no little one note here or there. She drawled on and on, singing a whole baby talk song to herself. It was quite cute!

Audrey loves to sing songs and will make me sing them over and over again. She has little things she does for each song to tell me that is the one she wants.

She has learned to jump off the ground. Normally not something you think actively about teaching your child....But I guess they have to learn it all somehow

I usually sing primary song to Audrey as I put her to bed. She now knows the tune to I am a child of God and will sing with me for at least the chorus if not more. It is very hard not to laugh at how cute her little voice sounds.

Audrey knows and can say and identify all of her colors. We are working on numbers and the alphabet now. She is pretty good at it. Is this normal or is she ahead of her time? Anyone know? In fact, when she eats fruit loops (which she loves) she will hold them all up to make sure she is getting the right color before she will put it in her mouth! Yes baby, it's yellow!!! She does this with yogurt and things too, she needs me to confirm it's identification before she will put it in her mouth. Very inconvenient with things that have a tendency to fall off the spoon!

Audrey is getting to be a pro at feeding herself. yesterday she wolfed down oatmeal so fast I was almost worried. It is still best to be clothes free for these events however or, we have to change. She doesn't always understand the whole, "keep the spoon level Audrey" instruction quite yet.




MY NEWEST CUTE(KIND OF) CRAFTY PROJECT-DIAPER CARRIER. I STILL NEED TO ADD A SUPER CUTE BIG BUTTON TO IT THOUGH


MY CUTE GIRL READING WITH HER FAMILY

AUDREY LOVIN ON SOME NOODLES

HOPE THIS MEANS SHE WILL BE SMART!

THIS IS ACTUALLY HOW SHE SAYS "TWO" BUT IT LOOKS MORE LIKE SHE IS GIVING ATTITUDE TO THE CAMERA! :)