Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Poem Project

We borrowed this book "Let's go on a Mommy Date" by Karen Kingsbury from the library. A mom takes her kids on a mommy date but things keep happening so they have to keep trying to find something new to do....
I don't love how most of the book reads actually but cute concept....until the last page when we read this and it literally brought tears to my eyes...

Time will take you far from here; you’re growing way too fast.

All I want is Mommy time to make the moments last.

One day we’ll go to the park, the circus, farm, and zoo,

But for today let’s cuddle here with this book just me and you.

Something we’ll remember so that come some far off day,

you’ll know how much I loved you ‘cause we took the time to play.


I want to do something cute with it in my house as a plaque or around a picture frame. It could either go well in a spot above a shelf of kids books, or in each room surrounding a bunch of their pictures. We will see. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Mitch and Holly said...

I have no suggestions, but I might steal your idea. Very cute poem. It makes you want to be a better mom and spend more time playing with the kids.

Sarah said...

It was so much fun to see you the other day! I don't have any suggestions either, but I understand! I love the poem and I am always trying to be a better mom! I have a feeling that I will never feel like I am there. Never give up right?!