Monday, November 17, 2008

Audrey's 11 months

As we approach the one year mark we are so excited about everything going on. I have decided that being a parent is the coolest thing anyone could ever ask for. I hope that I always feel that way and remember that in spite of the trials to come that hopefully will bring us closer as family.
A few new little things:
Audrey can say Dad-ee. We went up to the cabin a couple days before Charles. He got there while she was still asleep and when she woke up and saw him in bed she gave a little intake of breath and gasped "DAD-EE" oh just melts your heart.

She is now officially standing. She has taken her sweet little time in comparison to other kids we know. But I am ok with that. She has been able to stand for a long time but is pretty much just lazy.

Audrey knows what to do when we say prayers. We didn't even really try to teach her this one. She just started doing it this week all by herself. It is really cute. She makes it about 4 seconds into the prayer.

Grandma taught Audrey where her ears are. If you ask her she can show you.
She also knows where her toes are. She sucks on them to show me when I am changing her diaper.

Rachael Lippmann is relentless in teaching Audrey new things and especially new songs. I am usually mad at her because I have some new annoying kid song stuck in my head pretty much at all times. She has this really awful southern type song that she sings to Audrey and after every phrase she will stop and tell Audrey that it is her turn, upon which Audrey will usually let out a stream of babbles in a sing son voice. SUPER CUTE.

Audrey is fully prepared to be a sunbeam. She will get this big smile on her face when we start to sing it and throw her hand up in the air on the appropriate "beam".

Audrey's first sign that she learned was all done, she now has grasped the sign for more and is using it to pretty much mean, please, food, more, and clapping, they look very similar.

Audrey's favorite game is peekaboo. She loves it when we sneak around the corner and play it with daddy or grandma in the morning. She gets a kick out of it. She can even do it herself. She will throw a blanket or some sort of cloth up as high as her arms will go so it is covering her face and wait for you to say, "where's Audrey" and then pull it down with a reallly cheesy smile.

Audrey has the cutest little piggy tails now. Finally we can put some bows in this girls hair!

Audrey's favorite thing to do is read. She can be super grumpy with no other solutions and we can sit down and read for 10 minutes or more. Pretty much she just likes to flip the pages really fast, so we read each of her books about 5 times.

Audrey has the cheese factor in the bag. She gets this super cute little wrinkle in her nose and shows her top teeth and smiles all big. It makes me laugh every day.



AUDREY'S POOP FACE

AW! LOOK WHAT I KNOW HOW TO DO!

GRANPA'S FAVORITE DAYS


AUDREY'S PRAYER ARMS


















4 comments:

Rachael Lippmann said...

Don't worry Becky. I have a never ending supply of kid songs!! I think you will forever be mad at me. Ha ha!

Blissful & Domestic said...

oh my heck are those piptails on little audrey!! We so need to do a playdate lady!!!! and oh my goodness how adorable is the poopface

Ashley & Kevin said...

she is adorable! I can see the resemblance to you! Tell Peter & his wife congrats from Ashley Killian (now Beal) I went to high school with him.

Cassidy said...

I love it!