Friday, April 1, 2011

Thoughtful day

I am ALONE right now. This is the first time in three and a half years that I have had a real true break and gotten to choose what I want to do and when! Charles took the kids up to the cabin for conference weekend. I would have loved to go, but with a diagnosis like, "you could go into labor at any moment" doesn't really send the message, sure go three hours away from Las Vegas and 40 minutes away from any hospital. It is a little crazy to be without your normal responsibilities all day long eh?

Anyway. I have been a little thoughtful and trying to "fix" me as I always am.

I watched a movie last night, Eat Pray Love with Julia Roberts and there was a guy that told her something in it. He said, “Believe in love again”. I have gotten so consumed with all the things that love isn’t enough for. It doesn’t pay the bills, it doesn’t clean the house, and it doesn’t feed the kids or put them to bed. However, there is a reason that we all jump into love so willingly. Maybe it should be enough. Yes it doesn’t do all of those things, but maybe it should be the driving force in our lives that makes all that ok. If there is enough love then it should help us to remember that together we will grow and make it work. It sure is hard as anything I have ever done though! I will try better.


I hope we can all try better.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh girl, I needed to hear that! Thank you! We love you, and hope all is going well. :)

Steve and Nancy said...

Dear Becky,
I was impressed by your last two entries (I am not a faithful blog follower, but occasionally I take a peak :))
I have been trying to memorize the Family Proclamation lately. Before I found your blog this morning, I was working on this part of the proclamation, "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained upon principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work and wholesome recreational activities." As I ponder those sentences, I find it interesting that love is only one of the nine principles listed as needed for happiness and success. Why are faith and prayer the first principle listed? Why do repentance and forgiveness and respect come before love? I think the wonderful principle of love brings us into family relationships, but the other principles keep that love alive and viable! Julie Beck said that family life is a "faith-based work." Maybe it is faith-based because it is so challenging and because we need the Lord's help to make it work!

This is getting long. I'll just add that my favorite lullaby is "Lullaby of the Heavenly Mother" by Lex de Azavedo (sp?)and Carol Lynn Pearson. It says,
"I close down the curtains, I turn out the light, I wrap the night around you. Your toys are away now, the day's in its drawer, and my arms once more have found you. Sleep, sleep will bring you home. Sleep, sleep will bring you home. Once a day from far away, I gently bring you home."
Enjoy your weekend alone. Steve and I are praying for yours and your baby's health through your pregnancy. I am thankful you and Charles have the faith to be creating such a wonderful family! I love you. Aunt Nancy

Adele Austin said...

I love my thoughtful Becky! Today during conference I started making a list of all the things I felt were said to ME. It was pretty long. One of them was "Believe Victor; Believe IN Victor" Sometimes when husbands try to reassure us they love us, we don't really hear and believe what they say. And sometimes we forget to look at our husbands thru Heavenly Father's eyes.
I loved seeing Charles be a father this weekend at the cabin. You can be grateful he is in your life. His heart is in the right place: being a good Dad.
We are praying for your pregnancy and birth too - every day. And more and more I see the incredible personal strength that you have. The conference talks were all very clear. Whatever the outcome of this experience, this trial in your life, it somehow will be to your good (as it will be clear in retrospect) Hang in there, my wonderful daughter! Mom