Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dishes Rant

Calling all friends. I was standing at the sink doing my least favorite thing in almost the whole world....washing beaters! I don't know why but I absolutely HATE washing beaters. Like with a passion, will put them int he dishwasher and not make anything with them till it is run, make my mom wash them for me, kind of HATE. The other thing on my list, colanders! I hate washing colanders. They always get pasta gunk stuck in the slots, especially the wire kind. HATE IT.

I know Colleen has a certain aversion to this particular pitcher that we own, not sure why, just does. My mom HATES washing unfinished wood cutting boards.

So I ask, what is everyone's -steer clear list of washing- dish, item, or utensil?

8 comments:

Theresa said...

the same ones you mentioned.. all of the above. :)

Rachael Lippmann said...

I can't rant - Daniel does the dishes for me =)

Deming Family said...

potato masher, sippy cups lids, sippy cups stoppers, and garlic press.

Nathan and Colleen said...

Here, here, I HATE washing colanders. I rarely use mine because I hate washing it so much. I hate washing pitchers because you can never get your hand into the narrow ones to make sure it's clean and I also refuse to wash cookie sheets in my new sink because it's the wrong size and doesn't fit in.
Colleen

Unknown said...

Reusable straws...what the rig are you supposed to clean them with?! I hate even thinking about it. Errr!

Rachel said...

I hate washing blenders! So annoying to clean the blades. I am sure I would make more smoothies if they were easier to wash!

Rachel said...

I hate washing blenders! Boo! So annoying to clean the blades. I am sure I would make more smoothies if I didn't have to wash the blender.

Mitch and Holly said...

Found one today that I hate washing. Mitch loves the sandwich maker, but I hate it. They are annoying to wash. I prefer to grill sandwiches in a frying pan instead, easier to clean.