Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pregnancy

How funny life is. There is nothing that changes your life as a woman more than pregnancy and children. The first time everything is so exciting and new. You dutifully run out to get the "What to expect" books, you ask your doctors all your concerns. You NEVER forget to take your prenatal vitamins, you eat well knowing that it all feeds your growing baby also. You count each week to the day and record every little change and movement. You don't even really mind the kicking once baby gets bigger and more powerful because it is all so magical.

Then you hit the last three weeks and you can't sleep, you can't breath, you can't stand it anymore. Then you go into labor and you swear that you will never do this again!!!

Then they hand you this little bundle of joy, and all of a sudden your hormones hits the ROOF!! Not only are we fooled into being fine with no sleep, and endless crying. But changing diapers ever 5 minutes, because that is how often newborns poop! And then we are further fooled as your baby gets older and a little more easy to manage and we go through this certain phase of amnesia and we decide to DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

So, here I am 32 weeks. Thank goodness I only have 8 weeks left. Unfortunately my doctor told me I can't be done yet! So I guess I wait it out...and "enjoy" the kicking, sleeplessness, awkwardness, waddling, back pain after standing for 5 minutes, and all the other unmentionables that the joys of motherhood brings!!!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

8 weeks left! you must be due right after I am . I'm due day after thanksgiving. I had no idea our due dates were so close. You look great!

and I hear ya on the unmentionables and everything,..Right now I'm suffering from ribcage pain from all the lack of room in my abdomen! no fun.

Emily said...

look how skinny you are still! You look great-hang in there! They're easier in than out! :)

kaylee said...

You look beautiful! Hormones and a super-cute baby is totally something to look forward to.

Casey said...

You look soooooooo cute!

Melody said...

Hey you look so cute!!! Miss you guys!!! :>