Saturday, October 10, 2009

Motherhood brag moment

Audrey has been able to identify and say all of the main colors (rainbow and a few others) for a few months now. I was impressed by this. I don't really read a lot of books or anything so I don't know if I should be overly proud at this learning triumph or not. Is 18 months a normal time frame to know this sort of thing?

Well, after she had that down pat I figures we better move on to bigger and better things. So we rehearse the alphabet and numbers on a regular basis. At first she wouldn't even say 3 or "w". Then she had her favorite numbers, 2 and 9 and her favorite letter "o". Then we swiftly in the last couple of days became really good at saying all of them.

Last night Audrey counted from one to ten in a row, very distinctly all by herself!

Is this normal, should I be as amazed as I am? Well, I still am!