Saturday, June 18, 2011

My heart sings!

Selling Charles bed gave me the money to buy the wood for Audrey's bed. I have been wanting to build this for months but since it was a little more complicated with more wood I had to save up. I sold almost all of the functional storage out of Audrey's room so she needed something. But knowing that there might be two kids and beds in this room one day I didn't really want to crowd the walls with extra "storage". Enter Ana White's full size storage bed. I modified it to be full length on the sides and added a footboard. I decided to keep Audrey's existing headboard because I love it so much and I think it still works.

This cost me about $70 to build. That is buying a sheet of 3/4" plywood and a sheet of 1/2" plywood. I did buy the cheapo sheets that are pretty crappy to save about $30. Most of the wood doesn't show but I still think I would upgrade to pre-sanded plywood to save a lot of time and imperfections.














3 comments:

Josh said...

That is super awesome!

Stephen said...

ok, I can't even show Stephen this post . . . he will undoubtedly embark on a project that we don't have time for! Way to go, it looks fabulous!

Tara H said...

how funny- that was me, not Stephen commenting! lol