Monday, March 2, 2009

Reason for my solitude

Ok. I know it has been a ridiculously long time since I have posted. I think it has been at least 9 weeks because that is how many times my brother has hounded me to get on it!!!
So I will start slow so that you are not all overwhelmed. But here is the biggest reason why I have been absentee from almost everything else in life.

Number one: year end scrapbooking. I am happy to report that I am 90% done with all 2008 scrapbooks, which if you know me and the ridiculous amount of picture I take is quite a feat.

Number two: REDECORATING! I got anzy over Christmas break and decided I had had enough purple. So to all those long in waiting, here are the final pictures of the work. I built an upholstered headboard for $8, I painted the room for free, I made curtains and pillows for about $30, I made all the art on the walls (thanks Cassidy), I built floating shelves for $2, and I made the sconces totally from scratch. I am only in need of finishing the solid squared that you see on the second page, that frame that is sitting on the desk will go in the middle of them as soon as I go get two more! Tell me what you think!






BEFORES!
And originally the bed was on the opposite wall but I took these after that!





7 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! THat looks AMAZING! I'm excited to see it soon! We're coming down for Cassidy's b-day so we'll be down in a few weeks. HOORAY!

Blissful & Domestic said...

Oh my goodness it looks amazing. Which room is this downstairs? The one you guys have always had?

Blissful & Domestic said...

so are you saying your scrapbooking is almost completely updated? Now was this digital or regular scrapbooking? I am so impressed and inspired miss becky

Cassidy said...

I LOVE it! Everything turned out so good! I need to come see it in person! The art pic turned out awesome! Good job. I seriously think you put me to shame! Ok so we need to make some shelves for me! I love how yours turned out.

Josh and Gnickie said...

I like it...way to be creative. You got a great room while saving your money...now that is talent:)

deveney said...

wow, that is great! i love the room, cute color combo:)you are so uber talented!

Ashley & Kevin said...

wow= wowo.... that is all I can say- how did yo make the headboard?